Lovejoy Municipal Court
HOURS OF OPERATION: Monday - Friday 9:00am to 1:00pm (OPEN TO THE PUBLIC)
*FACE MASK ARE REQUIRED IN THE BUILDING AT ALL TIMES
*NO CHILDREN ARE ALLOWED IN THE BUILDING
LOVEJOY MUNICIPAL COURT EMERGENCY ORDER 7-15-2020 VIEW
LOVEJOY MUNICIPAL COURT "JUDICIAL EMERGENCY" 6-1-2020 VIEW
To receive information about your citation online 24 hours a day, please visit www.ticketfastpay.com. If your citation does not require a court appearance you may pay online at www.ticketfastpay.com. To PAY BY PHONE dial 1-844-841-6218.
All court dates in March 2020, April 2020, May 2020 were cancelled and we are currently in the process of mailing rescheduled court dates. However, you can check the online system www.ticketfastpay.com to view your new court date or call Lovejoy Municipal Court at (678) 610-9748 between the hours of operation for further assistance.
*July 14, 2020 Court was cancelled and reschedule notices were mailed. We apologize for the inconvenience. Check www.ticketfastpay.com to view new court date.
If you do not pay your citation by your court date, you must appear in court on the date listed on your citation.
You must appear in court if you received a citation involving an accident.
COVID-19 Procedures: Until further notice, all in-person Court sessions will be conducted using the following procedures:
Upon entry into the building, individuals, including court personnel, will be required to:
- Have their temperature taken with non-contact thermometer (cleaned and disinfected according to manufacturer’s instructions) and will be refused admittance if the temperature reading is 100.4℉ (38.0℃) or above.
- You may be asked the following screening questions and will be refused admittance with any affirmative answer to:
- Are you feeling ill?
- Have you recently had chills or a fever?
- Have you recently had a cough, shortness of breath, or difficulty breathing?
- Have you recently had a sore throat?
- Have you or anyone you’ve been in close contact with tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 14 days?
- Have you or anyone you’ve been in close contact with suspected of having COVID-19 within the past 14 days?
- Wear a face mask covering the nose and mouth at all times while inside the City of Lovejoy Public Safety Building on court days.
- Use hand sanitizer provided by the court when entering the building.
- Anyone who refuses 1, 2, 3, 4 above, will not be admitted into the building on court day.
- Anyone who violates these rules after entering the building may be held in direct contempt of Court and be subject to fines and incarceration.
- No children will be allowed in the building. If a defendant does not have available childcare, their case will be reset.
- Only the defendant will be allowed in the courtroom (exempt attorney for the defendant)
- Additional individuals must wait outside of the building and/or in vehicles, not in the lobby area
- The number of individuals in the courtroom shall be limited to 18, not to include court personnel.
- Every individual shall maintain a minimum of six feet of space between themselves and other individuals except when consulting with counsel or a family member or exchanging required paperwork.
- The benches are marked where you may be seated in court room.
- Chairs in the lobby are spaced 6 feet.
- Please bring your own writing utensil.
- The courtroom will be cleaned and sanitized between court sessions.
For further information on COVID-19 you should consult guidance from the CDC (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html), and your federal, state, and local health departments.
NEED COPY OF POLICE REPORT?
- Reports will be ready within five business days of the incident or accident.
- Reports will be emailed within 48 hours of payment. If you do not receive within this time, please call (678) 610-9748 or email email@example.com
- Juvenile Reports: Parents of a juvenile may receive a copy of certain types of reports (i.e. traffic collision reports). Availability of these records is restricted to court personnel, the minor, parents or guardian, attorneys involved in the case, and other persons designated by statute. Questions: contact Clayton County Juvenile Court
FTA - FAILURE TO APPEAR IN COURT - LICENSE RELEASE (COURT DATES PRIOR TO March 2020, April 2020 and May 2020)
- This is for individuals who driver’s license is CURRENTLY suspended.
- If a payment was submitted online, you are still REQUIRED to make a court appearance to sign REQUIRED documents and if your license was/is suspended it will REMAIN SUSPENDED UNTIL DOCUMENTS ARE SIGNED and a withdrawal of FTA is submitted to the Department of Driver Services by the courts.
FTA RELEASES will not be processed on the days that we have Municipal Court in session.
You may check the status of your Georgia Driver’s License on the Department of Driver’s Services (DDS) website, please CLICK HERE