Preparing for Court
You MUST first check in at the window before entering the Court.
What to Bring to Court
Before you come to court, here are the things you should bring with you:
- Proper identification (driver's license, Ga ID, passport)
- Your copy of the citation
- Appearance letter and/or court documents
- Any receipts regarding your case (i.e., bond receipts, cash bail receipts, etc.)
- Any documents which prove compliance with the judge's orders and/or sentencing
- Method of payment (Money Order & Cash only)
- Do not use nicknames or an alias. Use the same spelling as listed on documents related to the case and ensure spelling on the documents is correct. If they are not, please advise the court
- Provide the court with your current address
- Appropriate dress is required. No obscene slogans on clothing, no hats. Cell phones must be turned off. If you are dressed inappropriately, you will be asked to leave the courtroom.
What to Wear to Court
- It is suggested that you wear attire that is appropriate for a court appearance.
- Clothing items which are NOT appropriate are tank tops, halter tops, sleeveless T-shirts, muscle shirts, shorts, ripped jeans, low-riding pants, camouflage clothing, sweatpants and track suits, bedroom shoes or slippers, and clothing that is either too baggy or too tight, as well as clothing with obscene or gang-related images or symbols.
- The policy also mandates that skirts may be no shorter than two inches above the knee.
- All pants must be supported by a belt or suspenders.
- Undergarments, the abdomen, and cleavage may not be visible.
- If not dressed appropriately, you may be denied entry into the court room.
If you fail to appear in court as ordered, the court will issue a warrant for your arrest and you can be jailed and/or fined. For more information, comments, or questions contact the Lovejoy Police Department at (678) 610-9748.