Welcome to the official website for the Lovejoy Police Department. As our mission statement outlines, the men and women of the City of Lovejoy Police Department are committed to the protection of life creating a professional working atmosphere which enables a better Quality of Life for the Citizens of Lovejoy. We are committed to ensuring every Citizen is treated with courtesy and professionalism regardless of race, creed, color or religion. The Lovejoy Police supports the Mayor and Council and ensuring the Police Department is fair and compassionate while enforcing the City Ordinances, State Laws and the Constitution of the United States without Prejudice and Malice.
NEW UNIT - H.I.P.E. UNIT
The Crime Suppression Team (H.I.P.E. Unit) is tasked with addressing a multitude of issues using nontraditional patrol techniques in an attempt to deter criminal activity which results in an improved quality of life for citizens and visitors throughout the City of Lovejoy.
YES! We are HIRING! JOIN US - APPLY NOW!
Police headquarters is located in the City Hall building at 2296 Talmadge Road., Lovejoy, GA 30250
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:00pm
Chief M. A. Gaddis | Office of the Chief
Lovejoy Police Department Headquarters
2296 Talmadge Rd.
P.O. Box 220, Lovejoy, GA 30250
Office: (678) 610-9748 | Fax: (678) 610-9757
911 (24-hour Emergency Telephone)
(770) 471-4242 (Non-Emergency Telephone)
TIPS - CONTACT LPD
NEED COPY OF POLICE REPORT?
- Reports will be ready within five business days of the incident or accident.
- Reports will be emailed within 48 hours of online payment. If you do not receive within this time, please call (678) 610-9748 or email email@example.com
- Juvenile Reports: Parents of a juvenile may receive a copy of certain types of reports (i.e. traffic collision reports). Availability of these records is restricted to court personnel, the minor, parents or guardian, attorneys involved in the case, and other persons designated by statute. Questions: contact Clayton County Juvenile Court
- Domestic Reports - WILL NOT be sent via email. You must pick up in person with proper identification.
SIGN UP TO GET NOTIFIED ABOUT YOUR CITATION HERE.
VEHICLE TOW RELEASE
Bring the following documentation to the Police Department during business hours in order to obtain a release. *An appointment is not required.
- Current Drivers license
- Current Registration
- Current Insurance
Vehicles are held at Tara Wrecker (770) 478-4170
Email Sgt. A. Turnbull to schedule an appointment - firstname.lastname@example.org
The Crisis Text Line - Text START to 741-741 about any type of crisis 24/7.
Alcoholics Anonymous in Georgia - Resource for finding in-person and virtual AA meetings throughout the state.
National Institute on Drug Abuse - Helpful for finding treatment centers for friends or family members that are struggling with substance abuse.
Live Another Day - A curated list of the top-rated accredited dual diagnosis treatment centers in Georgia.
The Summit Wellness Group - Highly-rated Georgia-based dual diagnosis provider that features a wide selection of online support guides.
The GARR Network - Georgia-based association of accredited sober living homes throughout the state.
Recovery in Georgia - Locally run independent addiction recovery resource that features treatment centers, support meetings, and prevention resources for Georgians.
Georgia Overdose Prevention Project - An advocacy organization that provides free naloxone kits to Georgians through the mail.